This weekend was all about the cars. Since starting the search for our house last summer, car care has really been neglected. I really needed to catch up and get at least a coat of wax on my year-and-a-half-year-old WRX. Since the heat was a bit oppressive on Saturday, it was a good day to break out the hose. Not surprisingly, the cars weren’t the only thing that got hosed down.
Today began the process of waxing the WRX. I can’t imagine how crappy of a job something like a Delta Sonic 15 minute wax job is. My timeline went something like this:
- (Yesterday) Wash car: 1 hour
- Clean door jambs, sills, engine bay, floor mats, cargo tray, wheels: 1 hour
- Apply Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to get rid of all [some] of that caked on road crap: 3 hours
- Apply Meguiar’s Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 – 1.5 hours
- Clean glass, vacuum, reinstall floor mats, etc.: 30 minutes
That’s 7 hours I put into getting my car back into shape, and I barely did anything with the interior. What did do when I was finished? Rain. Figures. Don’t even get 1 day to enjoy it.