Today has been a very busy day. I was up at 6:30 with the baby to nurse and then got to go back to sleep because my Husband loves me SOOOO much! 🙂 I ate breakfast, showered and then Derek and I raked, weeded, dug out old shrubs and transplanted the Hydrangeas from our Wedding. May not sound like much, but it took most of the day and was very labor intensive. We were very surprised at ourselves for getting so much accomplished today, this was only phase one and two of our first project this year – changing the entrance way into the house.
Watching a movie with the Hubby now, hoping the baby stays asleep. Tomorrow is a day of rest for us as we are going to my parents after Church for dinner. Should be a nice, relaxing day!
Today I have been up since 7:30am. I have not taken a nap today, because Ariella only took a 20 minute nap this morning. Well, I could be taking one now, but I’m writing this instead. So far today, I have:
- Washed the woodwork on all the windows downstairs and the windows themselves (that’s five rather large windows) and put the screens up in all of them.
- Done a load of Ariella’s clothes. Cause they always seem to be dirty.
- Done a load of whites. Cause I think Derek’s been wearing some of my underwear to work. 😉
- Put flea stuff on the cat.
- Let the cat outside twice, and in the garage once. This is not “real” work, except that he has never been outside on his own before, so I had to keep an eye on him.
- Sang songs to Ariella to entertain her.
- Rocked Ariella to sleep this morning for her nap.
- Changed Ariella’s diaper 5 times, so far.
- Nursed Ariella five times. She is very distracted lately, so the sessions are a bit shorter, therefore more nursings because she gets hungry quicker.
- Washed the blanket on her bed along with the blanket she threw up on earlier in the week, and the throw from the couch.
- Put the clean dishes from the dishwasher away.
- Loaded the dishwasher with dirty dishes.
- Cleaned up cat puke off the rug in the kitchen.
- Washed said rug from cat puke, and around the door where he marks his territory all the time. Actually smells clean in my kitchen for once!
- Made lunch for myself and Ariella. I’ll count this as one.
- Washed window in front door. Inside and out.
- Cleaned the upstairs toilet.
- Cleaned both upstairs sinks and countertop.
I still have to:
- Help make dinner.
- Take laundry in and out of the washer/dryer.
- Clean up from dinner.
- Feed Ariella – again.
- Give baby a bath.
- Put baby to sleep.
I want to still:
- Wash windows outside, so the sun can actually get into the room. 😉
- Wash upper windows inside.
- Vacuum out the chandelier and finally get rid of the dead flies in there.
- Re-make the bed in Ella’s room so it looks neat and tidy.
I’m pretty sure that is why I am sitting here staring at the computer at the moment, and writing this blog no one is going to particularly care about. 🙂
ARG!!!! Had to write something to overtake the political post that has been sitting here for weeks! ARG!!!
So, how is everyone today? The weather IS pretty sucky, is it not?
Yes, the baby is doing fine, thank you for asking. She is sleeping at the moment so we’ll have to keep our blogging down to a dull roar. Thanks.
No, nothing else really exciting has been happening lately. Feed the baby, change the baby, put the baby to sleep. Yeah, same old parent stuff. I did go to Choir on Sunday, which was actually pretty painful, but nice to get out of the house and do something normal.
Ok, I’ll talk to you all later then, thanks for stopping by!